Supplies can be found at Jerry's Artarama:
Days 1 and 2 will be spent painting live models. Day 3 will be Still Life. Depending on the weather, Peggi make take the class OUTSIDE with the model to paint en plein air, so a basic plein air setup will be requried for this class-- please come prepared to paint indoors OR out, it all hinges on the weather.
You can use either oil or acrylic paints for the workshop, Peggi paints in oils.
OIL PAINTS (use your favorite brand):
• Cadmium Yellow Pale or Light
• Cadmium Orange
• Yellow Ochre
• Cadmium Red Light
• Pthalo Red Rose or Quinacradone Rose (or something close)
• Alizarin Crimson (optional)
• Ultramarine Blue and/or Cobalt Blue
• Cerulean (Hue OK)
• Ivory Black
• Titanium White (LARGE tube)
• Burnt Umber
• Sap Green
Please also bring any other colors you regularly use, Peggi doesn't paint with a limited palette.
ACRYLIC PAINTS -
• Same color palette as above (oils), substitute your favorite colors as needed.
• Natural Bristle Flats: 2, 4 and 6 (at least 2 each)
Please bring a large number of 12 x 16 canvas boards or panels, a minimum of 4 per day, so at LEAST 12 total. You can never have too many canvas in this workshop.
• If you have questions about a basic, inexpensive plein air set up, please click here to see Nicole's basic setup.
BRUSH WASHING CONTAINER
• No glass containers please
GAMSOL OR TURPENOID if you are using oil. ODORLESS only please
PORTABLE PALETTE (appropriate for outdoor use)
SKETCH BOOK & PENCILS
SMALL POCKET MIRROR (One from a compact works fine)
PAPER TOWELS & SMALL TRASH BAGS
WATER, SUNCREEEN & A HAT FOR PAINTING OUTDOORS
PORTABLE CHAIR & UMBRELLA (optional)